Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One book down!

I finished the Tim Brookes book... Hell of a place to lose a cow. It was very good and I've prepared a good review of it for when I get home. I can't take to much time here at the library because they only give you an hour and I've got other things to do. But I did finish it.

Other literature news, I went to the chapel of the first women known to have written a book. She was St. Juliane (sp) and I bought her book and also a bio of her. So I'll have to post how that goes. Again when I have more time.

Plus, I picked up two autographed copies of Josi Dew books (travel writer) at a new books store.

And the best part...walked by a used book store and just walked in to see what they had and I got not only a first edition copy of a Dervla Murphy book....but a autographed copy of one of Miss Read's last books. I was thrilled ! They are so hard to come by! (Both actually.)

1 comment:

Framed said...

I'm so glad you liked this book. I want to read it just because the title is so wonderful. So it's good that the read is worthwhile.