Wednesday, June 14, 2006

An interesting Challenge

I like to go to the website 52 Projects for ideas to enhance my creativity. Today's project is a good one for readers and might be something you might want to try. The idea is to contact a few authors that you really like, find out how to contact them, and write them a letter about how their work makes you feel. He continues on saying you could ask if you could interview them for your book blog either in person, by phone, or through email. That part I might not do...but the rest really sounds like a good idea. I have contacted authors from their websites before and been pleasantly surprised when they respond back with a REAL reply...not just something from a assistant!

Website is:

http://www.52projects.com/52_projects/

Let me know how you get on if you do this!

2 comments:

Lotus Reads said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eleanor Traubman said...

Hey Dawn -

Cool blog! I'm the one who authored the "contact 10 authors" idea for 52projects. Thanks for spreading the idea! I contact authors on a regular basis and they are generally friendly and receptive, especially if you mention them in a positive light.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Eleanor Traubman
creativetimes.blogspot.com