Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fall reading.....

I decided I really need to get to terms with my reading list. So lets see what I will be reading this fall....

Elizabeth Lawrence
Gardening for Love

Jeanne M. Dams
Silence is golden
Barnes, Julian
Arthur and George
Bill Bryson
The Thunderbolt Kid

Beverly connor
Skeleton Crew

Marina Lewycka
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
Sarah Lloyd
An Indian Attachment

Martin Curz Smith
Wolves eat dogs

Barbara Pym
An Unsuitable Attacment

Gillian Tindall
The House by the Thames

I'm reading "Gardening for Love" at the moment. It is one of the books I got from "Slighty Foxed". This is a quarterly that is published in London. I've been getting it since it started in 2004. They aim to reintroduce books to the public that aren't covered in the bestsellers lists of today. I've really enjoyed many of the books that they review, but even if I don't read the books I find the reviews themselves really interesting. They do cover new books that they feel aren't going to get the advertising they deserve.

1 comment:

Lotus Reads said...

Hello, Dawn!

That is a great,great reading list you have picked out for Fall! I would be especially interested in hearing your thoughts on "Arthur and George", "Thunderbolt Kid (but ofcourse ), "A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian" and "An Unsuitable Attachment". Strange that one of the other titles reads "An Indian Attachment". I've never come across that book or author before but it has now caught my interest.

I'm going to have to take a look at "Slightly Foxed", thanks for pointing us to it.

Happy reading, Dawn and thanks for sharing!